* Running doxygen on gcc sources in sourceware?
@ 2013-04-17 13:19 Diego Novillo
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Diego Novillo @ 2013-04-17 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I would like to add a periodic (ideally, nightly) cron job on sourceware
to generate and publish doxygen documentation on the gcc tree.  The
generated pages would be published somewhere on http://gcc.gnu.org.

Before I start doing the actual work of setting it up, is this something
that I could setup on sourceware?

Thanks.  Diego.

* Re: Running doxygen on gcc sources in sourceware?
@ 2013-04-17 13:31 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2013-04-17 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

> I would like to add a periodic (ideally, nightly) cron job on sourceware
> to generate and publish doxygen documentation on the gcc tree.  The
> generated pages would be published somewhere on http://gcc.gnu.org.
> Before I start doing the actual work of setting it up, is this something
> that I could setup on sourceware?

It sounds like a reasonable sort of task for the gccadmin userid to do.

- FChE

* Re: Running doxygen on gcc sources in sourceware?
@ 2013-04-17 17:49 ` Jeff Law
From: Jeff Law @ 2013-04-17 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: overseers

On 04/17/2013 07:19 AM, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I would like to add a periodic (ideally, nightly) cron job on sourceware
> to generate and publish doxygen documentation on the gcc tree.  The
> generated pages would be published somewhere on http://gcc.gnu.org.
>
> Before I start doing the actual work of setting it up, is this something
> that I could setup on sourceware?
I think we already do something like this for the texinfo docs, so it
seems reasoanble at first glance.

jeff

* Re: Running doxygen on gcc sources in sourceware?
@ 2013-04-18 16:12 ` Benjamin De Kosnik
From: Benjamin De Kosnik @ 2013-04-18 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: overseers

> I would like to add a periodic (ideally, nightly) cron job on
> sourceware to generate and publish doxygen documentation on the gcc
> tree.  The generated pages would be published somewhere on
> http://gcc.gnu.org.
>
> Before I start doing the actual work of setting it up, is this
> something that I could setup on sourceware?

I would like to switch libstdc++ to the same mechanism for trunk
sources, update nightly, and then just have per-release versioned docs
in various formats as done for the last release, ie gcc-4.8.0. I think
the naming and locations are starting to settle down now.

Let's work off-line with Gerald to figure out the exact mechanism.

I think I already have gcc configs for doxygen somewhere. I'll try to
dig them up.

-benjamin

* Re: Running doxygen on gcc sources in sourceware?
@ 2013-04-18 17:07   ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2013-04-18 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin De Kosnik; +Cc: overseers

On 2013-04-18 12:12 , Benjamin De Kosnik wrote:
> Let's work off-line with Gerald to figure out the exact mechanism.

Sounds good, thanks.

> I think I already have gcc configs for doxygen somewhere. I'll try to
> dig them up.

That would be great.  Using the same configuration is certainly going to
simplify things.

Diego.