* yahoo.com address on gcc-patches
@ 2014-05-09 18:41 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2014-05-09 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: dw

Yahoo.com has set their dmarc policy to reject all email that can’t pass verification:

  https://dmarcian.com/dmarc-inspector/yahoo.com

Such a dmarc policy is not presently compatible with mailing lists, nor are mailing lists presently compatible with this dmarc policy.  dmarc uses dkim under the hood to verify email.  Mailing lists work in part by rewriting email and resending mail, both of which can cause email to fail to verify.

See google("yahoo mailing list dmarc”) for more information.

I’m emailing today, as I am one of those people seeing the bounced messages:

gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org mailing list.

Messages to you from the gcc-patches mailing list seem to
message I received.

I will remove your address from the gcc-patches mailing list,
without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the gcc-patches mailing list have
bounced from your address.

send an empty message to:
  <gcc-patches-get.123_145@gcc.gnu.org>

send an empty message to:
  <gcc-patches-index@gcc.gnu.org>

Here are the message numbers:

  366104
  366241
  366318
  366656
  366748

Date: 28 Apr 2014 00:05:47 -0000
From: MAILER-DAEMON@sourceware.org
To: gcc-patches-return-366104-@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.

<mikestump@comcast.net>:
User and password not set, continuing without authentication.
<mikestump@comcast.net> 68.87.26.147 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550 5.2.0 vB3r1n01X2qVqVd0ZB3rua Message rejected due to DMARC. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#DM000001