* Mangled From header
@ 2023-01-17 13:18 Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2023-01-17 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Here's the example patch:

https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/gdb/patch/20230104113909.1395263-1-ahajkova@redhat.com/mbox/

and the patch itself:

https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/gdb/patch/20230104113909.1395263-1-ahajkova@redhat.com/

It looks like the headers have been messed up, which ends up breaking
patchwork.  The root of the problem appears to be the source email
itself, where the submitter name was supposed to be UTF-8 but it got all
munged up.

I've reported the patchwork bug[1] so that it handles this better, but I
figured I should report it here too since ISTM that mailman should be
rejecting these too, potentially informing the sender that the patch
they sent is broken.

Sid

[1] https://github.com/getpatchwork/patchwork/issues/512

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-17 13:18 UTC | newest]