* a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-01-17 12:55 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-01-17 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

In a desperate attempt to find some way of using gnatsweb, I tried lynx.
It still didn't work, but after "clicking" the login "button" I was asked:

 Accept invalid cookie path=/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl as a prefix of '/cgi-bin'? (n)

Doesn't matter whether I answer yes or no; the result is the same as using
netscape (loops back to login screen).

Still, I thought this might be useful to have in the mail archives, in
case we ever hack on gnatsweb itself.

Phil

* Re: a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-01-17 13:15   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-01-17 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 04:05:43PM -0500, Phil Edwards wrote:

> In a desperate attempt to find some way of using gnatsweb, I tried lynx.

How about not using gnatsweb?  What about tkgnats?  cf the gnats web page,
there is a link to tkgnats on there.  There is also an emacs gnats client,
and there are even the command-line nedit-pr, nquery-pr etc included in the
gnats sources.  There is a gnatsd daemon running on sourceware; there is
no reason why you _must_ use the gnatsweb interface.

* Re: a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-01-17 13:57   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2001-01-17 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
> In a desperate attempt to find some way of using gnatsweb, I tried lynx.
> It still didn't work, but after "clicking" the login "button" I was asked:
>
>  Accept invalid cookie path=/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl as a prefix of '/cgi-bin'? (n)
>
> Doesn't matter whether I answer yes or no; the result is the same as using
> netscape (loops back to login screen).

Yes, I'm aware of that problem. And, I believe I already have a patch for
that; it's just that I hadn't time to clear my gnatsweb (bug and patch)
queue yet.

If you follow gcc-patches, you *should* see a patch by the end of next
week, I hope.

Gerald

* Re: a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-01-17 14:27     ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-01-17 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 01:14:57PM -0800, Jason Molenda wrote:

> How about not using gnatsweb?  What about tkgnats?  [...]
> There is a gnatsd daemon running on sourceware;

<voice style="johnny carson">

  I did not know that.

</voice>

The command-line utils don't seem to be able to provide the same details
as any of the others (according to the GNATS docs), and the emacs client
(i.e., what gnats was designed to use) was out 'cause I didn't feel like
learning a whole new OS just for the sake of closing bug reports.  :-)

tkgnats is looking very nice here....

Would one of you kind gnatsd admins copy my entry ("pme") from libstdc++'s
gnatsd.access file to gcc's?  Tonight and tomorrow I'm going to close out
a bunch of old PRs in libstdc++.  Figured I might assign myself some of
the bugs in the gcc database in the future.

Thanks for the tkgnats tip!

Phil
tkgnats replaces gnats, tkinfo replaces info... maybe someday i'll be
hacking on tkgcc running under the TKGNU/TkLinux system...

* Re: a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-01-17 14:36       ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2001-01-17 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: overseers

> <voice style="johnny carson">
>
>   I did not know that.
>
> </voice>

:-)

> The command-line utils don't seem to be able to provide the same details
> as any of the others (according to the GNATS docs),

You shouldn't be giving up anything by using the command line
interfaces.  Most everyone at Cygnus used the command line or emacs
interfaces to gnats for years.  You don't get pull-downs to click
on, but all the features/facilities are there if you use the right
command line options.

BTW I should note that the gnatsweb facility for uploading a file
into a PR is a gnatsweb-only mechanism.  As far as I know, no other
front ends are able to decode these attachments.  It's one of the
(numerous) weaknesses of gnats that it doesn't have a standardized
facility for attaching files to a PR.

(there's no technical reason why the other front ends couldn't decode
the gnatsweb attachments; it's just that no one has done it yet AFAIK)

Jason

* Re: a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-01-19 13:33       ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2001-01-19 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: Jason Molenda, overseers

Phil> Would one of you kind gnatsd admins copy my entry ("pme") from
Phil> libstdc++'s gnatsd.access file to gcc's?

Done.

Tom

* Re: a bit of gnatsweb info
@ 2001-12-31 19:40   ` Phil Edwards