From: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jemarch@gnu.org>
To: overseers@sourceware.org
Subject: Invitation for the GNU 40th Anniversary event
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:31:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Greetings Sourceware overseers!

This year the GNU Project makes forty years, and we are preparing a very
special GNU Hackers Meeting in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland, to celebrate
the occasion, next 27th September [1].  We are trying to gather as many
GNU people together (hackers, maintainers, webmasters, translators, etc)
as possible.

In this special edition of the GHM we intend to have discussions and
reflect on the current status of several areas of the overall GNU
Project.  This includes the infrastructure and hosted services used by
the GNU programs, like Savannah.  Since sourceware hosts the
infrastructure of some important GNU projects (GCC, glibc, GDB,
binutils) and considering that other GNU programs have recently decided
to also use sourceware services, we think it would be very useful if you
could attend the event and join us in these discussions.

Also, it would be nice if you could do a short (15 minutes or so)
presentation on the infrastructure that sourceware can provide to GNU
programs, and how interested maintainers (many of which will be
attending the event) can setup these services for their packages, in
case they wanted to.

If you have any inquiry, or plan to attend, or want to do an activity
during the event such as the one suggested above, please contact us at
gnu40@gnu.org.

[1] https://www.gnu.org/gnu40