* cygwin-apps
@ 2015-11-21 17:04 Schulman, Andrew
From: Schulman, Andrew @ 2015-11-21 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi. I've been trying to get someone's attention on the problem of how to allow users to post to the cygwin-apps mailing list through gmane.  I wrote to cygwin-apps-owner first, then postmaster.  That was two months ago, and I've had no response.  Can you please help?  Thanks, Andrew

From: Andrew Schulman <schulman.andrew@epa.gov>

That address is subscribed to the cygwin-apps list, and I use it to post there regularly.  This message was different though, in that it came through Gmane.  In Gmane I posted a message to the gmane.os.cygwin.applications group, and Gmane forwarded the message as email to cygwin-apps@cygwin.com.  That's what Gmane does.

Do you know why the message was rejected, and whether that can be fixed?  It would be nice if we could post messages to cygwin-apps through Gmane.

Thanks,
Andrew

Sorry, I've been told to reject your posts.
See http://sourceware.org/lists.html#sourceware-list-info for more information.
Contact cygwin-apps-owner@cygwin.com if you have questions about this. (#5.7.2)

To: cygwin-apps@cygwin.com
From: Andrew Schulman <schulman.andrew@epa.gov>
Subject: gmane now allows posting directly to cygwin-apps
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 03:22:53 -0400

Gmane users can now post directly to cygwin-apps as a newsgroup
(gmane.os.cygwin.applications).  You no longer have to send email to
cygwin-apps.  You still have to be subscribed to the list, though.  Andrew

* cygwin-apps
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
and maintaining of applications on cygwin.

Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
approval from me.

I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.

Can someone set this up for me?

cgf