* Odd message while processing approval request.
@ 2012-03-30  2:57 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2012-03-30  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Overseers,

Please tell me if I'm sending this the wrong list.

While processing an approval request for glibc access for Siddhesh
Poyarekar (siddhesh):
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/approve.cgi?request=8329037.32597

I clicked approve and got the message:
~~~
Thank you. This request will now be processed by: None .
~~~

Should this say something other than "None "?

Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Odd message while processing approval request.
@ 2012-03-30 14:41 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2012-03-30 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: overseers

Hi -

carlos wrote:

> [...]
> While processing an approval request for glibc access for Siddhesh
> Poyarekar (siddhesh):
> [...]
> I clicked approve and got the message:
> Thank you. This request will now be processed by: None .

That just means that no specific person handles these requests;
we roughly take turns.  Siddhesh's account is now active.

- FChE

* Re: Odd message while processing approval request.
@ 2012-03-30 14:44   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2012-03-30 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Frank Ch. Eigler; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@elastic.org> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> carlos wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> While processing an approval request for glibc access for Siddhesh
>> Poyarekar (siddhesh):
>> [...]
>> I clicked approve and got the message:
>> Thank you. This request will now be processed by: None .
>
> That just means that no specific person handles these requests;
> we roughly take turns.  Siddhesh's account is now active.

Thanks :-)

May I suggest a static warning message saying "If you see `None' as
the person who is assigned to process your request this means no
specific person is assigned to handle the request, but instead the
administrators of the system will take turns handling the request" (or
something less verbose)?

Cheers,
Carlos.