On Mon, Apr 22, 2024 at 11:24 PM Tom Tromey wrote: > Jason> Someone mentioned earlier that gerrit was previously tried > Jason> unsuccessfully. > > We tried it and gdb and then abandoned it. We tried to integrate it > into the traditional gdb development style, having it send email to > gdb-patches. I found these somewhat hard to read and in the end we > agreed not to use it. > > I've come around again to thinking we should probably abandon email > instead. For me the main benefit is that gerrit has patch tracking, > unlike our current system, where losing patches is fairly routine. > Indeed. Though Patchwork is another option for patch tracking, that glibc seem to be having success with. Jason> I think this is a common pattern in GCC at least: someone has an > Jason> idea for a workflow improvement, and gets it working, but it > Jason> isn't widely adopted. > > It essentially has to be mandated, IMO. > > For GCC this seems somewhat harder since the community is larger, so > there's more people to convince. > Absolutely, but now with the office hours it seems more feasible to build momentum (or see that there isn't enough support) without having to wait until Cauldron. Jason