* mem restriction
@ 2004-05-10 16:41 Matthew Galgoci
From: Matthew Galgoci @ 2004-05-10 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

When/If sourceware goes down again I will boot with the memory restriction
mem=2048M to bring sourceware back to it's previous memory configuration
without actually having to remove ram. My hope is that this will mitigate
the crashes that we are seeing.

Sourceware has been up for over 2 hrs now.

--
Matthew Galgoci
System Administrator and Sr. Manager of Ruminants

* Re: mem restriction
@ 2004-05-10 16:44 ` Matthew Galgoci
From: Matthew Galgoci @ 2004-05-10 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Matthew Galgoci wrote:

> When/If sourceware goes down again I will boot with the memory restriction
> mem=2048M to bring sourceware back to it's previous memory configuration
> without actually having to remove ram. My hope is that this will mitigate
> the crashes that we are seeing.
>
> Sourceware has been up for over 2 hrs now.

Upon consulting with frank eigler I am going to reinstall the original ram
to remove a variable from the equation. In parallel, I will install the new ram
in a dell 2450 and run the dell memory checker on the ram followed by memtest86.

--

@ 2004-05-10 17:19 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-05-10 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Galgoci; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:01:57PM -0400, Matthew Galgoci wrote:
>When/If sourceware goes down again I will boot with the memory
>restriction mem=2048M to bring sourceware back to it's previous memory
>configuration without actually having to remove ram.  My hope is that
>this will mitigate the crashes that we are seeing.
>
>Sourceware has been up for over 2 hrs now.

Thanks for staying on top of this, Matt.  I know this isn't your "real
job".  I can only imagine how many of these kinds of thing you must be
juggling right now.

cgf

* Re: mem restriction
@ 2004-05-10 18:40   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2004-05-10 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Galgoci; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Thanks for staying on top of this, Matt.  I know this isn't your "real
> job".  I can only imagine how many of these kinds of thing you must be
> juggling right now.

Yup. Seconded!

Gerald