* GNATS restore PRs 1 and 2182
@ 2003-01-02  8:48 Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-01-02  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: Neil Booth

When adding two new GNATS categories (driver and inline-asm) I,
botched and failed to update directory permissions of the two new
directories.

Unfortuntely, the failure mode of GNATS when there is such a problem
moving a PR into a new category heavily sucks: the PR simply gets lost!

Could someone please restore PRs 1 and 2182, specifically the two
files

  /sourceware/libre/gnats/gcc-db/other/1
  /sourceware/libre/gnats/gcc-db/c++/2182

Thanks,
Gerald (very embarrassed)
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Re: GNATS restore PRs 1 and 2182
@ 2003-01-02 11:09 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2003-01-02 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers, Neil Booth

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:

> When adding two new GNATS categories (driver and inline-asm) I,
> botched and failed to update directory permissions of the two new
> directories.
>
> Unfortuntely, the failure mode of GNATS when there is such a problem
> moving a PR into a new category heavily sucks: the PR simply gets lost!

I hope the GNATS maintainers know of this problem (and of that when the
disk gets full): it's still relevant to other GNATS users after GCC moves
to Bugzilla (even if all the projects using GNATS on sourceware switch as
well).

(I also hope that Bugzilla/MySQL fails safe when there are configuration
errors, disk full, ..., so switching will fix these problems.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28@cam.ac.uk