* Sourceware infrastructure - A presentation and community Q&A
@ 2022-11-15 17:18 Zoë Kooyman
From: Zoë Kooyman @ 2022-11-15 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi All,

At the request of many of you, the FSF is hosting a presentation
and conversation with the Sourceware overseers this Friday, 18
November on the current sourceware infrastructure and future
plans. We start at 11:00am Eastern (16:00 UTC), and it will be hosted on
the FSF Big Blue Button instance and streamed live.

To limit some bandwith we will also have our #fsf irc channel
available on Libera.Chat to participate. We learned previously that, as long
as people do not use their cameras when not presenting, we can
host quite some people inside the BBB, so do not hesitate to
reach out to us to join in the channel (first come first serve).

We hope you can all make it!  Questions you would like to see
discussed can be sent to campaigns@fsf.org in advance, and you can find some
more information the specifics of the event here:

https://www.fsf.org/events/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a

Thank you!

--
Zoë Kooyman // Executive Director
Free Software Foundation

Join the FSF and help us defend software freedom:
https://my.fsf.org/

US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us through
the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/

* Re: Sourceware infrastructure - A presentation and community Q&A
@ 2022-11-20  0:09 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-11-20  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Zoë,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 06:18:56PM +0100, Zoë Kooyman via Overseers wrote:
> At the request of many of you, the FSF is hosting a presentation and
> conversation with the Sourceware overseers this Friday, 18 November
> on the current sourceware infrastructure and future plans. We start
> at 11:00am Eastern (16:00 UTC), and it will be hosted on the FSF Big
> Blue Button instance and streamed live.
> [...]
> https://www.fsf.org/events/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a

Thanks for organizing this. If there are any outstanding questions not
answered yet, please let us know.

I posted the html slides and markdown sources with the presenter notes
here:
https://gnu.wildebeest.org/blog/mjw/2022/11/20/new-services-for-sourceware-sfc-fsf/

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Sourceware infrastructure - A presentation and community Q&A
@ 2022-11-20 14:01   ` Ian Kelling
From: Ian Kelling @ 2022-11-20 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark Wielaard via Overseers <overseers@sourceware.org> writes:

> Hi Zoë,
>
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 06:18:56PM +0100, Zoë Kooyman via Overseers wrote:
>> At the request of many of you, the FSF is hosting a presentation and
>> conversation with the Sourceware overseers this Friday, 18 November
>> on the current sourceware infrastructure and future plans. We start
>> at 11:00am Eastern (16:00 UTC), and it will be hosted on the FSF Big
>> Blue Button instance and streamed live.
>> [...]
>> https://www.fsf.org/events/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a
>
> Thanks for organizing this. If there are any outstanding questions not
> answered yet, please let us know.
>
> I posted the html slides and markdown sources with the presenter notes
> here:
> https://gnu.wildebeest.org/blog/mjw/2022/11/20/new-services-for-sourceware-sfc-fsf/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

And the recording is here:
https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a/

* Re: Sourceware infrastructure - A presentation and community Q&A
@ 2023-01-01  1:38 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2023-01-01  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 06:18:56PM +0100, Zoë Kooyman via Overseers wrote:
> To limit some bandwith we will also have our #fsf irc channel
> available on Libera.Chat to participate. We learned previously that, as long
> as people do not use their cameras when not presenting, we can
> host quite some people inside the BBB, so do not hesitate to
> reach out to us to join in the channel (first come first serve).
>
> We hope you can all make it!  Questions you would like to see
> discussed can be sent to campaigns@fsf.org in advance, and you can find some
> more information the specifics of the event here:
>
> https://www.fsf.org/events/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a

Thanks to everybody who could attend.  For those who couldn't the html
slides and markdown sources with the presenter notes are here:
https://gnu.wildebeest.org/blog/mjw/2022/11/20/new-services-for-sourceware-sfc-fsf/
And a (video) recording is here:
https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/sourceware-infrastructure-a-presentation-and-community-q-a/

We hope to have answered all questions, but if we missed anything, or
you want to help with the infrastructure please contact us at the
overseers mailinglist or file a sourceware infrastructure bug:
https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?component=Infrastructure&product=sourceware

In 2023 Sourceware will be 25 years. Happy new year!