On 30 Dec 2022 17:44, Mark Wielaard wrote: > On Mon, 2022-10-24 at 19:47 -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote: > > [...] it's been over a year since i requested hosting for the GNU > > > sim, and afaict, gdb is still not prepared to host it. so what are > > > the next steps here ? > > > > Sorry, can you remind us what new service you would like? The sim/ > > sources are still being developed/shipped with gdb, right? sorry, i'm not subscribed to the overseers group, so i don't see replies only sent to it. the sim code is developed in the binutils/gdb monorepo. it doesn't need gdb to build ... it works fine all by itself. i'm not cutting releases for it today, so most people would get it via gdb releases, or by using git directly. > - Part of the online docs are generated by a script > /home/gdbadmin/ss/update-web-docs > https://www.sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/ > It isn't clear if this can simply be adapted to also generate the > sim documentation. I don't see a > doc subdir under sim though, so I am not sure how the sim > documentation is generated. i haven't finished/pushed the manual yet. i work on it in bursts, and unfortunately as i write it i find bugs in the sim & underlying projects, so i work on fixing those so i don't have to document the bugs. but for the purposes of this discussion, it's a standard texinfo manual like every other project in the binutils/gdb git tree. although that would be just the documentation, not the general project website. > - The other website files are still in CVS. It would be nice if they > could be moved into git. (If we do we have to adjust the above script > and cronjobs slightly). > > - The gdb-htdocs repo can only be updated by people in the gdb group > (which is a subset of the src group which allows pushing to the > binutils-gdb repo). Mike isn't a member of the gdb group, so cannot > push to the gdb-htdocs to create a sim subdir there. And it seems the > current setup, how and who is in the gdb group and can update the > website pages, isn't fully documented. i guess it boils down to either someone adds me to the gdb group so i can create a sim/ subspace, or someone sets up a new space that i can push to. totally fine to leave it open for other gdb/etc... folks to push to too (not sure what the acl groups look like). in either case, i'd like to have https://sourceware.org/sim/ go to the right place wherever that is. -mike