On 19 Nov 2021 03:31, Mike Frysinger wrote: > On 18 Nov 2021 16:03, Mark Wielaard wrote: > > On Wed, 2021-11-17 at 20:38 -0500, Mike Frysinger via Overseers wrote: > > > > How about just using the gdb docs/wiki until that hypothetical time > > > > when it is released independently? It'd simplify configuration, and > > > > avoid having to deal with yet another set of admin ACLs & repos. > > > > > > i am using the wiki, but that's not good (if even possible) for hosting manuals > > > or providing a homepage to anchor info. > > > > The wiki probably isn't a good place, but you can simply create a > > subpage under sourceware.org/gdb/sim through cvs as described under > > webpages: https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/current/ > > > > It isn't that we don't want to create a new groups cvs/git repo for you > > to maintain sim documentation, but it is extra work and if it can > > simply be done as part of the gdb project resources that saves some > > time for everybody. > > > > And maybe if it is a pain for you to maintain the sim webpages as part > > of gdb, then maybe it is a pain for all of gdb and maybe we should > > focus on improving that for everybody. > > i can start the skeleton under gdb and see how it works. except: > cvs add: cannot mkdir /cvs/gdb/htdocs/sim: Permission denied also, if i'm reading the sources correctly, the gdb manual is not stored in the gdb cvs tree, but is uploaded manually via scp to the gdbadmin acct. which i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have access to. so are you proposing adding me to the gdb ACLs ? -mike