On 19 Nov 2021 11:08, Mark Wielaard wrote: > On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 03:42:05AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote: > > > > It isn't that we don't want to create a new groups cvs/git repo for you > > > > to maintain sim documentation, but it is extra work and if it can > > > > simply be done as part of the gdb project resources that saves some > > > > time for everybody. > > > > > > > > And maybe if it is a pain for you to maintain the sim webpages as part > > > > of gdb, then maybe it is a pain for all of gdb and maybe we should > > > > focus on improving that for everybody. > > > > > > i can start the skeleton under gdb and see how it works. except: > > > cvs add: cannot mkdir /cvs/gdb/htdocs/sim: Permission denied > > > > also, if i'm reading the sources correctly, the gdb manual is not stored in > > the gdb cvs tree, but is uploaded manually via scp to the gdbadmin acct. > > which i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have access to. > > > > so are you proposing adding me to the gdb ACLs ? > > Maybe. I assumed every committer would (technically) be able to update > the website, I think it would be good to discusss with the other gdb > maintainers. It seems the current setup, how and who can update the > gdb website pages, isn't fully documented. i mean, i don't want these perms. i want hosting for the sim project. but i guess i can cc a random selection of global gdb maintainers. -mike