From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
To: Ivo Raisr <ivosh@ivosh.net>
Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>,
	Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org>,
	Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com>,
	Joseph Myers <joseph@codesourcery.com>,
	Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
Subject: Re: transition git-hooks on sourceware.org to Python 3.x
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 06:16:45 +0400	[thread overview]

Hi Ivo, [All, anyone remember who wrote or who maintains irkerhook.py?]

> Thank you for the heads up.
> Indeed, I did set up the git-hooks some time ago for the Valgrind
> repository.
> But I don't remember the exact details; I assume it was a very simple setup.
> Is there any action required from my side at this point?

I took a look at your repository's configuration, and as far
as I can tell, you have no Python involved. Or at least not
directly involved: There is a dependency on the irkerhook.py
script, which is written in Python. However, the shebang explicitly
says /usr/bin/env python2, so we can transition the git-hooks
and that irkerhook.py script independently.

--
Joel