Hi, I was talking to Nick what the best way was to add binutils to the buildbot at https://builder.sourceware.org/. We came up with the following which tests a minimal setup on a somewhat older but stable distro: - Debian 10, x86_64 which has Linux 4.19.235, GLIBC 2.28, gcc 8.3.0 GNU and Binutils 2.31.1 - Only triggers a build when any files under bfd/ binutils/ gas/ ld/ gold/ elfcpp/ include/ libiberty/ opcodes/ or the top-level configure or Makefile.in changes. - configure --enable-gold --enable-shared --enable-target=all - make all-gas all-ld all-binutils all-gold - make check-ld check-gas check-binutils - log files ld/ld.{log,sum} gas/testsuite/gas.{log,sum} binutils/binutils.{log,sum} - Sents email to this list and any committers when the build changes from sucess to failure (or back). All of this can of course be changed/extended. There are other distros/arches available: https://builder.sourceware.org/buildbot/#/workers And we hope to add container based workers to support even more distros. We only build a smaller set of tools to make sure you get a notification within 10 minutes if anything was broken (or fixed). We do build gold, but don't test it because the testsuite isn't zero-fail. If you want Frank also has scripts to add the log files to bunsen. The intention was that this was a zero-fail testsuite subset (gas,ld,binutils) but we did find two ld test failures: FAIL: Run p_align-1b with PIE FAIL: Run p_align-1d with -Wl,-z,max-page-size=0x1000 with PIE These tests seem to rely on a specific glibc version/bug fix. Nick is working on a fix. Please let me know if any if this should be changed. The intention is that the buildbot will help with maintaining binutils, keep it building and zero-fail. If it isn't doing that, but get annoying let change the configuration. Cheers, Mark