From: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
Cc: "Jose E. Marchesi" <jemarch@gnu.org>,
	Daniel Pono Takamori <pono@sfconservancy.org>,
	"Bradley M. Kuhn" <bkuhn@sfconservancy.org>
Subject: Re: Proposing Sourceware as SFC member project
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:28:16 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Jose,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2022 at 12:19:59AM +0200, Jose E. Marchesi via Overseers wrote:
> > If you have an interest in the long term future of the sourceware
> > hosting server which this project is using, please consider checking
> > out this thread on our local overseers@ mailing list.  Everything is
> > fine, we're just thinking ahead.
> >
> > https://sourceware.org/pipermail/overseers/2022q3/018802.html
>
> Do you plan to publish the application text before actually starting the
> process?  If so, where can it be found?  Where can it be discussed, in
> case people have comments/suggestions?

The full text of the application is attached. The process is fairly
informal https://sfconservancy.org/projects/apply/ We had some
informal chats about the idea some months ago to see if applying even
made sense to them. Luckily they were enthousiastic. You are then
requested to supply your formal application in plain text form more
like a story than a Q/A form. The attached full text leaves out the
parts that didn't make sense to a pure hosting project like
sourceware. I believe sourceware is the first pure free software
hosting project that is applying, so it is also somewhat new to
them. You are then requested to be as transparent as possible with the
community so people can make suggestions and nobody is caught by
surprise. Which is the step we are at now. Then they'll sent the
application to the SFC evaluation committee which must approve
https://sfconservancy.org/about/eval-committee/ We should hear before
Cauldron whether or not we were accepted.

I CCed Daniel and Bradley from the Conservancy to correct any mistakes
in my description of the procedures.

Cheers,

Mark