* move bugzilla account request email to another list?
@ 2022-09-01 16:30 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2022-09-01 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I think we've reached the point where the bugzilla account request email
should be moved to another list.  As it stands now, I have a tendency
to ignore this list because most of the traffic does not really pertain
to overseeing sourceware.org.

Could we move these requests elsewhere and maybe even automate them?

cgf

* Re: move bugzilla account request email to another list?
@ 2022-09-01 17:35 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-09-01 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On 9/1/22 12:30, Christopher Faylor via Overseers wrote:
> I think we've reached the point where the bugzilla account request email
> should be moved to another list.  As it stands now, I have a tendency
> to ignore this list because most of the traffic does not really pertain
> to overseeing sourceware.org.
>
> Could we move these requests elsewhere and maybe even automate them?

Moving them to another list is a good idea.

I wonder if we can't queue them up for handling in some way?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: move bugzilla account request email to another list?
@ 2022-09-01 17:42   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2022-09-01 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: overseers

On Thu, Sep 01, 2022 at 01:35:20PM -0400, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>On 9/1/22 12:30, Christopher Faylor via Overseers wrote:
>> I think we've reached the point where the bugzilla account request email
>> should be moved to another list.  As it stands now, I have a tendency
>> to ignore this list because most of the traffic does not really pertain
>> to overseeing sourceware.org.
>>
>> Could we move these requests elsewhere and maybe even automate them?
>
>Moving them to another list is a good idea.
>
>I wonder if we can't queue them up for handling in some way?

Does the simple fact that someone went to the effort of sending email
qualify them as "not spammy"?  If so, then I'd say yes.

@ 2022-09-02 10:32 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-09-02 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Chris,

On Thu, 2022-09-01 at 12:30 -0400, Christopher Faylor via Overseers
wrote:
> I think we've reached the point where the bugzilla account request email
> should be moved to another list.  As it stands now, I have a tendency
> to ignore this list because most of the traffic does not really pertain
> to overseeing sourceware.org.

updating the bugzilla template/maintainer parameter (I git committed it
because the data dir changes are not automatically snapshotted).

Now that overseers@ is more public/advertised it is also a good idea to
keep the admin-requests list non-public so people's addresses and ssh
pubkeys aren't unnecessarily advertised.

Thanks,

Mark

* Re: move bugzilla account request email to another list?
@ 2022-09-02 14:50   ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2022-09-02 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 12:32:12PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>
>On Thu, 2022-09-01 at 12:30 -0400, Christopher Faylor via Overseers
>wrote:
>> I think we've reached the point where the bugzilla account request email
>> should be moved to another list.  As it stands now, I have a tendency
>> to ignore this list because most of the traffic does not really pertain
>> to overseeing sourceware.org.

>updating the bugzilla template/maintainer parameter (I git committed it
>because the data dir changes are not automatically snapshotted).

That was fche but, you're welcome.

>Now that overseers@ is more public/advertised it is also a good idea to
>keep the admin-requests list non-public so people's addresses and ssh
>pubkeys aren't unnecessarily advertised.

It's not published, just like a couple other mailing lists on this site.

@ 2022-09-02 14:58     ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-09-02 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/2/22 10:50, Christopher Faylor via Overseers wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 12:32:12PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> On Thu, 2022-09-01 at 12:30 -0400, Christopher Faylor via Overseers
>> wrote:
>>> I think we've reached the point where the bugzilla account request email
>>> should be moved to another list.  As it stands now, I have a tendency
>>> to ignore this list because most of the traffic does not really pertain
>>> to overseeing sourceware.org.

>> updating the bugzilla template/maintainer parameter (I git committed it
>> because the data dir changes are not automatically snapshotted).
>
> That was fche but, you're welcome.
>
>> Now that overseers@ is more public/advertised it is also a good idea to
>> keep the admin-requests list non-public so people's addresses and ssh
>> pubkeys aren't unnecessarily advertised.
>
> It's not published, just like a couple other mailing lists on this site.

I'm happy to help with the admin-requests for bugzilla.

I've been keeping the regexps up to date to match the editbugs privs we want by default too.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: move bugzilla account request email to another list?
@ 2022-09-02 21:09       ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-09-02 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Carlos,

On Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 10:58:40AM -0400, Carlos O'Donell via Overseers wrote:
> I'm happy to help with the admin-requests for bugzilla.

Thanks, I added you to the admin-requests list.

Cheers,

Mark