* Request of new project: pacme
@ 2022-09-19 14:39 Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor @ 2022-09-19 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: jemarch

Hi,

I'm Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor and a GNU poke contributor and I'd like to host
a project of mine called "pacme" (An acme-like interface to GNU poke) in
sourceware.  See below for details on the project.

The code is licensed under GPLv3+, and we plan to eventually apply to make
pacme an official GNU program, so we are following all the GNU standards and
conventions.

I'd need the following project resources if possible:

  - An empty git repository called pacme.git
  - A homepage in sourceware.org/pacme
  - A way to distribute released tarballs like a FTP

We'll be using the GNU poke development list for discussion, and the poke bugzilla
that is already in sourceware.  So we don't need any additional things.

pacme -- An acme-like GNU poke interface

This project consists of a bunch of small C programs that used together and
collated by a screen manager (at the moment tmux is supported) provide
a very flexible and powerful user interface to GNU poke, the extensible
editor for binary data.

These small C programs communicate with the poke daemon acting as pokelets,
executing Poke code, processing the results, and implementing the several
components of the user interface: REPL, byte-dump output, input and evaulation
of multi-line Poke programs, tree viewer and editor of Poke data structures, etc.

* Re: Request of new project: pacme
@ 2022-09-20 21:54 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-09-20 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mohammad-Reza,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 07:09:34PM +0430, Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor via Overseers wrote:
> I'm Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor and a GNU poke contributor and I'd like to host
> a project of mine called "pacme" (An acme-like interface to GNU poke) in
> sourceware.  See below for details on the project.
>
> The code is licensed under GPLv3+, and we plan to eventually apply to make
> pacme an official GNU program, so we are following all the GNU standards and
> conventions.
>
> I'd need the following project resources if possible:
>
>   - An empty git repository called pacme.git
>   - A homepage in sourceware.org/pacme
>   - A way to distribute released tarballs like a FTP
>
> We'll be using the GNU poke development list for discussion, and the poke bugzilla
> that is already in sourceware.  So we don't need any additional things.

Sourceware does host some GNU projects, but I assume you want to be as
close to poke as possible.

GNU poke uses savannah for git and ftp.gnu.org for releases.  Do you
intend to move over to savannah and ftp.gnu.org once you are a GNU
package?

If so, would starting out on savannah.non-gnu be an option to make
migration simpler?

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: Request of new project: pacme
@ 2022-09-21 10:42   ` Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor @ 2022-09-21 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mark,

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 11:54:10PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> GNU poke uses savannah for git and ftp.gnu.org for releases.  Do you
> intend to move over to savannah and ftp.gnu.org once you are a GNU
> package?

No, I don't want to host pacme on savannah even when it becomes part of GNU
project :)

Regards,
Mohammad-Reza

* Re: Request of new project: pacme
@ 2022-09-23 13:28 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2022-09-23 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> I'd need the following project resources if possible:
>   - An empty git repository called pacme.git

/git/pacme.git

/git/pacme-htdocs.git -> https://sourceware.org/pacme/

>   - A way to distribute released tarballs like a FTP

(blank anonftp directory exists)

OK, these bare essentials are done.  Welcome.  Please request an
actual user account over at

https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

and call me the approver or something.

- FChE

* Re: Request of new project: pacme
@ 2022-09-23 14:15   ` Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor
From: Mohammad-Reza Nabipoor @ 2022-09-23 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Frank.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 09:28:04AM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> OK, these bare essentials are done.  Welcome.

Thank you!

> Please request an actual user account over at
>
> https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi

The name of "pacme" is not listed in the "Project" drop-down list.
Could you please add pacme there?

Regards,
Mohammad-Reza