* Server package installation - Sphinx
@ 2022-11-08  8:03 Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2022-11-08  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Tomorrow, I'm planning migrating the GCC documentation to Sphinx and I would like
to prepare for switching of the server-side documentation generation. That's currently
done with maintainer-scripts/update_web_docs_git job that modifies HTML, PDF and other
files we can see here: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/. That's something I'll work on tomorrow.

For now, I would need to update the existing env:

$ /home/gccadmin/venv/bin/pip --upgrade sphinx

and add Sphinx deps:
$ /home/gccadmin/venv/bin/pip install furo sphinx-copybutton

Apart from that, I will need Texlive-related packages:
python-sphinx-latex
texlive-xindy

Hope these will be available on a RHEL instance we have and pull required
LaTeX sub-packages.

Feel free to reach me out at IRC.

Thanks,
Martin

* Re: Server package installation - Sphinx
@ 2022-11-08  9:00 ` Frank Ch. Eigler
From: Frank Ch. Eigler @ 2022-11-08  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi -

> For now, I would need to update the existing env:
> $ /home/gccadmin/venv/bin/pip --upgrade sphinx
> and add Sphinx deps:
> $ /home/gccadmin/venv/bin/pip install furo sphinx-copybutton

The gccadmin shared userid should be able to do all these things,
please reach out to those folks.

> Apart from that, I will need Texlive-related packages:
> python-sphinx-latex
> texlive-xindy

The former's installed.  The latter does not appear available
on rhel8+epel8.

- FChE

* Re: Server package installation - Sphinx
@ 2022-11-08 11:19   ` Martin Liška
From: Martin Liška @ 2022-11-08 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/8/22 10:00, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
>> For now, I would need to update the existing env:
>> $ /home/gccadmin/venv/bin/pip --upgrade sphinx
>> and add Sphinx deps:
>> $ /home/gccadmin/venv/bin/pip install furo sphinx-copybutton
>
> The gccadmin shared userid should be able to do all these things,
> please reach out to those folks.
>
>> Apart from that, I will need Texlive-related packages:
>> python-sphinx-latex
>> texlive-xindy
>
> The former's installed.  The latter does not appear available
> on rhel8+epel8.

Hello.

Thanks, xindy won't be needed and Mark helped me with updating the venv.

The PDF output seems fine.

Cheers,
Martin