* cvs update failure for gcc mainline
@ 2005-09-28 16:55 Rainer Orth
From: Rainer Orth @ 2005-09-28 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Trying to cvs update gcc mainline currently fails for me:

cvs [update aborted]: branch attribute does not match file for `/cvs/gcc/gcc/libjava/classpath/.cdtproject,v'

This problems seems to have occured several times during the last weeks.
Could someone please fix this?

Thanks.
	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University

* Re: cvs update failure for gcc mainline
@ 2005-09-28 17:01 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-09-28 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Orth; +Cc: overseers

Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

> Trying to cvs update gcc mainline currently fails for me:
>

> cvs [update aborted]: branch attribute does not match file for `/cvs/gcc/gcc/libjava/classpath/.cdtproject,v'

Fixed.

> This problems seems to have occured several times during the last weeks.
> Could someone please fix this?

The problem occurs when somebody does a cvs merge from a branch with
files which were created by import which do not exist on the branch.
The problem stops when all the newly created files have been merged to
all the active branches.

Nobody has bothered to fix the underlying problem because we expect to
move to subversion relatively soon.

Ian

* Re: cvs update failure for gcc mainline
@ 2005-09-28 17:11   ` Rainer Orth
From: Rainer Orth @ 2005-09-28 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: overseers

Ian Lance Taylor writes:

> > cvs [update aborted]: branch attribute does not match file for `/cvs/gcc/gcc/libjava/classpath/.cdtproject,v'
>
> Fixed.

Indeed, thanks alot for the quick help.

> > This problems seems to have occured several times during the last weeks.
> > Could someone please fix this?
>
> The problem occurs when somebody does a cvs merge from a branch with
> files which were created by import which do not exist on the branch.
> The problem stops when all the newly created files have been merged to
> all the active branches.

I see, so this is the reason this occured repeatedly during the last 2
weeks according to the overseers archive.

> Nobody has bothered to fix the underlying problem because we expect to
> move to subversion relatively soon.

Though there hasn't been much visible progress on the gcc lists lately
(presumably because Dan Berlin is quite busy).

@ 2005-09-28 17:25     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-09-28 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Orth; +Cc: overseers

Rainer Orth <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> writes:

> > Nobody has bothered to fix the underlying problem because we expect to
> > move to subversion relatively soon.
>
> Though there hasn't been much visible progress on the gcc lists lately
> (presumably because Dan Berlin is quite busy).

It has been waiting for the move to the new hardware, which is
scheduled for this weekend.

Ian