* Problem with GCC's wwwdocs auto-checkout?
@ 2005-10-28 17:54 Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2005-10-28 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, gerald

I just checked in a change to GCC's wwwdocs/htdocs/branching.html, which
produced:

Checking in branching.html;
/cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/branching.html,v  <--  branching.html
done
sh: cat: command not found

The unpreprocessed copy of branching.html in /www/gcc/htdocs-preformatted
was updated, the preprocessed copy in /www/gcc/htdocs wasn't; I needed to
run the preprocessing script manually.  Is the script being run with a
funny path?

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)

* Re: Problem with GCC's wwwdocs auto-checkout?
@ 2005-10-28 22:28 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-10-28 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: overseers, gerald

"Joseph S. Myers" <joseph@codesourcery.com> writes:

> I just checked in a change to GCC's wwwdocs/htdocs/branching.html, which
> produced:
>
> Checking in branching.html;
> /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/branching.html,v  <--  branching.html
> new revision: 1.21; previous revision: 1.20
> done
> sh: cat: command not found
>
> The unpreprocessed copy of branching.html in /www/gcc/htdocs-preformatted
> was updated, the preprocessed copy in /www/gcc/htdocs wasn't; I needed to
> run the preprocessing script manually.  Is the script being run with a
> funny path?

This was a fall out from the switch to use the new 'rash' script as
the shell.  'rash' sets PATH to just /usr/bin.  cat is in /bin.

I changed the CVSROOT/loginfo file to explicitly use /bin/cat.

I changed rash to set PATH to /bin:/usr/bin.

Either change should fix this problem.  Let us know if it happens
again.  Thanks.

Ian