* cvs access error
@ 2009-08-12 19:34 Daniel Gutson
From: Daniel Gutson @ 2009-08-12 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,
   I'm getting
cvs -z9 -d :ext:dgutson@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co src
Enter passphrase for key '/home/daniel/.ssh/fsf':
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

when I enter the passphrase.

I already sent the public key, and received the welcome message, so I
presume sourceware already has set up my key.

Please let me know what I can do in order to get write access to
binutils, or what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

	Daniel.

--
Daniel Gutson
CodeSourcery

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-12 20:38 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2009-08-12 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Gutson

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 04:34:37PM -0300, Daniel Gutson wrote:
>Hi,
>   I'm getting
>cvs -z9 -d :ext:dgutson@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co src
>Enter passphrase for key '/home/daniel/.ssh/fsf':
>Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
>cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
>if any)
>
>when I enter the passphrase.
>
>I already sent the public key, and received the welcome message, so I
>presume sourceware already has set up my key.
>
>Please let me know what I can do in order to get write access to
>binutils, or what I'm doing wrong.

I'm guessing that you used the wrong key when you registered.  The tag
on the one you sent to sourceware is daniel-gutson-internal-20080711.

cgf

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-12 20:49   ` Daniel Gutson
From: Daniel Gutson @ 2009-08-12 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi Christopher,

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 04:34:37PM -0300, Daniel Gutson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I'm getting
>> cvs -z9 -d :ext:dgutson@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co src
>> Enter passphrase for key '/home/daniel/.ssh/fsf':
>> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
>> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
>> if any)
>>
>> when I enter the passphrase.
>>
>> I already sent the public key, and received the welcome message, so I
>> presume sourceware already has set up my key.
>>
>> Please let me know what I can do in order to get write access to
>> binutils, or what I'm doing wrong.
>
> I'm guessing that you used the wrong key when you registered.  The tag
> on the one you sent to sourceware is daniel-gutson-internal-20080711.
>
> cgf

what makes you say it's wrong? Please let me know, I'm no good with this
stuff.
I think the key is right (I'm using it elsewhere).

Do you want me to re-generate a new pair?

Thanks,
	Daniel.

--
Daniel Gutson
CodeSourcery

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-12 21:38     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2009-08-12 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Gutson

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 05:48:56PM -0300, Daniel Gutson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 04:34:37PM -0300, Daniel Gutson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>   I'm getting
>>> cvs -z9 -d :ext:dgutson@sourceware.org:/cvs/src co src
>>> Enter passphrase for key '/home/daniel/.ssh/fsf':
>>> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic).
>>> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
>>> if any)
>>>
>>> when I enter the passphrase.
>>>
>>> I already sent the public key, and received the welcome message, so I
>>> presume sourceware already has set up my key.
>>>
>>> Please let me know what I can do in order to get write access to
>>> binutils, or what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> I'm guessing that you used the wrong key when you registered.  The tag
>> on the one you sent to sourceware is daniel-gutson-internal-20080711.
>
>what makes you say it's wrong?

I said "I'm guessing".

You're using a key called /home/daniel/.ssh/fsf but the key that you
registered doesn't have the word 'fsf' in it.

>Please let me know, I'm no good with this stuff.

Sounds like some manual reading is in order.

>Do you want me to re-generate a new pair?

No.  That shouldn't be necessary.

cgf

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-12 22:24       ` Daniel Gutson
From: Daniel Gutson @ 2009-08-12 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> I'm guessing that you used the wrong key when you registered.  The tag
>>> on the one you sent to sourceware is daniel-gutson-internal-20080711.
>> what makes you say it's wrong?
>
> I said "I'm guessing".

I know, I just asked because maybe you saw something and I could learn
it. Np.

> You're using a key called /home/daniel/.ssh/fsf but the key that you
> registered doesn't have the word 'fsf' in it.

Yes, that's because it was 'id_rsa.pub' and I renamed it to 'fsf.pub',
and similarly for the private one.

>> Please let me know, I'm no good with this stuff.
>
> Sounds like some manual reading is in order.
>
>> Do you want me to re-generate a new pair?
>
> No.  That shouldn't be necessary.

Ok, let's see then how we can solve this.

Thanks again for your help,

    Daniel.

--
Daniel Gutson
CodeSourcery

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-13  1:24         ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2009-08-13  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Gutson

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 07:23:31PM -0300, Daniel Gutson wrote:

>>> what makes you say it's wrong?
>>
>> I said "I'm guessing".
>
>I know, I just asked because maybe you saw something and I could learn
>it. Np.
>

>> You're using a key called /home/daniel/.ssh/fsf but the key that you
>> registered doesn't have the word 'fsf' in it.
>
>Yes, that's because it was 'id_rsa.pub' and I renamed it to 'fsf.pub',
>and similarly for the private one.
>

>>> Please let me know, I'm no good with this stuff.
>>
>> Sounds like some manual reading is in order.
>>
>>> Do you want me to re-generate a new pair?
>>
>> No.  That shouldn't be necessary.
>
>Ok, let's see then how we can solve this.

Can we start with your confirming that the private key your'e using
corresponds to the public key containing the string

@ 2009-08-13  1:33           ` Daniel Gutson
From: Daniel Gutson @ 2009-08-13  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Gutson

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> No.  That shouldn't be necessary.
>> Ok, let's see then how we can solve this.
>
> Can we start with your confirming that the private key your'e using
> corresponds to the public key containing the string
> daniel-gutson-internal-20080711 ?

How can I do that, other than me remembering that I created both at the
same time and they come from the same place? I mean, 'cat fsf' doesn't
show anything readable (so that string is not there, should it be?)

--
Daniel Gutson
CodeSourcery

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-18 16:23           ` Daniel Gutson
From: Daniel Gutson @ 2009-08-18 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, Daniel Gutson

Hi Christopher,

   I think there was some issue with the public key I sent. Please
replace it with the one attached.

Thanks,
	Daniel.

--
Daniel Gutson
CodeSourcery

[-- Attachment #2: fsf.pub --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 394 bytes --]

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEArxdpoV7CZy6m17nwE09JIIeVfx10SEfC6YeKjMbot2ocl7q2IdCfGtE+DvdTX4hed6dPKa7sx4VTtYaet+vRJx5gGZaPYPaoCCpq2gGzvXVt4sgznoVKdiwT2kC66BTE0+equ30UWfNGEDqI9gWnzr2U68z8bB6KtfvmxKlMtITDEYmgGZ62QjsvyqcT98OmZXIAE6wYrfgiSP2MsJAp0J39flITCSmZCtr860vU0s3ckj6jNfl+DAXugaRHmA4FUr7cDRdnFzyKzSHQ/tUXP4mhEeN1UzNKM7MVqt7wRX3XRIKgJbRSNhP9BDSUYafQTZWVR8Kt0CAsGkpFbIXmjw== daniel@daisy

* Re: cvs access error
@ 2009-08-19  3:32             ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2009-08-19  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Gutson; +Cc: overseers

Daniel Gutson <dgutson@codesourcery.com> writes:

>   I think there was some issue with the public key I sent. Please
> replace it with the one attached.

Done.

Ian