* [Fwd: Re: README.ADDING.NEW.BOARDS]
@ 2004-06-15 20:27 Jonathan Larmour
From: Jonathan Larmour @ 2004-06-15 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Can someone remind me of the exact rune to use to stop these broken pipes?
There was some change to CVSROOT/loginfo IIRC. I tried to fix this before
based on what I thought was recommended here before, but my fix broke
things, so perhaps I misinterpreted something. So can someone give me
something that definitely works?

Thanks,

Jifl

[-- Attachment #2: Re: README.ADDING.NEW.BOARDS --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2923 bytes --]

From: Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch>
To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com>
Subject: Re: README.ADDING.NEW.BOARDS
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:37:39 +0200

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:31:59PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> >>What does cvs diff say for the others?
> >

> >Its interesting. Its decided the put the links in a different
> >order. The order my machine comes up with is actually more logical.
>
> Indeed it is. This must be some locale difference in the c libraries on our
> systems. My one puts redboot_ROMRAM.* between redboot_ROM.elf and
> redboot_ROM.srec which is silly. Mine is probably just wrong - it's a bit
> old.
>
> Go ahead and check yours in.

Arg!

cvs commit
Checking in at91eb40/index.html;
/cvs/ecos/htdocs/boards/redbootbins/at91eb40/index.html,v  <--  index.html
done
cvs [commit aborted]: received broken pipe signal
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsBUSOpY

Is there something wrong with the server at the moment. This is the
third time its done that to me tonight.

        Andrew

* Re: [Fwd: Re: README.ADDING.NEW.BOARDS]
@ 2004-06-15 20:40 ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-06-15 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Larmour; +Cc: overseers

Jonathan Larmour <jifl@eCosCentric.com> writes:

> Can someone remind me of the exact rune to use to stop these broken
> pipes? There was some change to CVSROOT/loginfo IIRC. I tried to fix
> this before based on what I thought was recommended here before, but
> my fix broke things, so perhaps I misinterpreted something. So can
> someone give me something that definitely works?

Here is my (unapproved) for the same problem in gcc:

Ian

* Re: [Fwd: Re: README.ADDING.NEW.BOARDS]
@ 2004-06-16 12:22   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2004-06-16 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Lance Taylor; +Cc: Jonathan Larmour, overseers

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Here is my (unapproved) for the same problem in gcc:
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-06/msg00699.html

Uh, somehow I must have missed this -- sorry.

This problem really has been hitting me as well; please go ahead and
commit your patch.

Thanks for tracking this down!

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Re: [Fwd: Re: README.ADDING.NEW.BOARDS]
@ 2004-06-16 16:14     ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-06-16 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > Here is my (unapproved) for the same problem in gcc:
> >     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-06/msg00699.html
>
> Uh, somehow I must have missed this -- sorry.
>
> This problem really has been hitting me as well; please go ahead and
> commit your patch.

It's in.  Let me know if you notice any problems.

Ian