* Fwd: [ERR] Re: OpenGL works! Was: Re: GCJ and OpenGL under Win32
       [not found] <1105514062354784.0.ppp15@ppp15>
@ 2005-01-12  7:21 ` Ranjit Mathew
From: Ranjit Mathew @ 2005-01-12  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Hi,

  I keep getting this error whenever I send a
mail to gcc@gcc.gnu.org. Can "pupuru@kornet.net"
be removed from the list please?

Thanks,
Ranjit.

From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@gmail.com>
To: gcj@svf.dreamhost.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:42:36 +0530
Sal wrote:
> Tom Tromey wrote:
>

>>Sal> I finally figured the problem out.  I rebuilt the SWT OpenGL dll with
>>Sal> mingw32, for some reason Sun's VM loads mangled names in JNI dlls and
>>Sal> GCJ doesn't.
>>
>>That is strange, since we have special Windows code in our JNI
>>implementation to do the mangling.  That is, if you mean mangling like
>>appending "@NNN" to the function name.  Can you describe more what is
>>going wrong?  What you expected, what the symbol names are, and what
>>they are after you recompiled?

I *think* I know what the problem is - the arguments'
size is not being computed correctly - it does not
affect Linux, but it does Win32.

The relevant code in gcc/java/expr.c is:

  for (tem = method_args; tem != NULL_TREE; tem = TREE_CHAIN (tem))
    {
      int arg_bits = TREE_INT_CST_LOW (TYPE_SIZE_UNIT (TREE_TYPE (tem)));
#ifdef PARM_BOUNDARY
      arg_bits = (((arg_bits + PARM_BOUNDARY - 1) / PARM_BOUNDARY)
                  * PARM_BOUNDARY);
#endif
      args_size += (arg_bits / BITS_PER_UNIT);

      args = tree_cons (NULL_TREE, tem, args);
    }

I had written this a long time ago (GCC 3.2/3.3-ish)
when it *did* work correctly. In the current mainline,
I see that for an integer argument (i686-pc-linux-gnu),
TYPE_SIZE is 32, but TYPE_SIZE_UNIT is 4.

Have TYPE_SIZE and TYPE_SIZE_UNIT reversed their meanings
in recent times or was the original code wrong to
begin with?

I was an utter newbie to GCC at that time, so I could
very well have been grossly mistaken:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-11/msg00373.html

Thanks,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/

--
Ranjit Mathew      Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.    Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/

* Re: Fwd: [ERR] Re: OpenGL works! Was: Re: GCJ and OpenGL under Win32
@ 2005-01-12 13:57   ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-01-12 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Mathew; +Cc: overseers

Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@gmail.com> writes:

>   I keep getting this error whenever I send a
> mail to gcc@gcc.gnu.org. Can "pupuru@kornet.net"
> be removed from the list please?

That address doesn't seem to be on the gcc mailing list, nor any other
kornet.net address.  Perhaps somebody already removed it.

Ian

* Re: Fwd: [ERR] Re: OpenGL works! Was: Re: GCJ and OpenGL under Win32
@ 2005-01-12 14:24     ` Ranjit Mathew
From: Ranjit Mathew @ 2005-01-12 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers, rmathew

On 12 Jan 2005 08:57:13 -0500, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >   I keep getting this error whenever I send a
> > mail to gcc@gcc.gnu.org. Can "pupuru@kornet.net"
> > be removed from the list please?
>
> That address doesn't seem to be on the gcc mailing list, nor any other
> kornet.net address.  Perhaps somebody already removed it.

Strange. I also got the same error when I
sent a mail to the java@gcc.gnu.org list.

It seems to be a person named "Hoe-Seong Ha":

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2004-04/msg00089.html

Thanks,
Ranjit.

--

@ 2005-01-12 14:26       ` Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2005-01-12 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ranjit Mathew; +Cc: overseers, pupuru

Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@gmail.com> writes:

> On 12 Jan 2005 08:57:13 -0500, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> > Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > >   I keep getting this error whenever I send a
> > > mail to gcc@gcc.gnu.org. Can "pupuru@kornet.net"
> > > be removed from the list please?
> >
> > That address doesn't seem to be on the gcc mailing list, nor any other
> > kornet.net address.  Perhaps somebody already removed it.
>
> Strange. I also got the same error when I
> sent a mail to the java@gcc.gnu.org list.

I found the address on the java list, and removed it.

Ian