* ["Philip S. Brown" <pbrown01@llcareer.com>] Email Problems
@ 2004-02-06 20:53 Ian Lance Taylor
From: Ian Lance Taylor @ 2004-02-06 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Forwarding to overseers.  It seems like a more or less reasonable
suggestion, if not phrased with full delicacy.

Ian

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3594 bytes --]

From: "Philip S. Brown" <pbrown01@llcareer.com>
To: <gcc@gnu.org>
Subject: Email Problems
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:18:30 -0500

Getting a message thru your server is something of a nightmare.  While I
understand (and agree with) the reasons for your actions, I think your
error messages are rather obtuse and could use some improvement.

How's about:

From:
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sources.redhat.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.

<gcc@gcc.gnu.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, a message part has an unacceptable MIME

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

To:

<gcc@gcc.gnu.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, a message part has an unacceptable MIME
If you are sending this from Outlook, make sure your format is set to
Plain Text.  Go to Format and make sure Plain Text is checked.

--- Enclosed are the original headers of the message.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-02-06 20:53 UTC | newest]