public inbox for prelink@sourceware.org
* Re: Question about prelink address layout
       [not found] <CADRbbMXJXbUaH6CUOrLUs8AJGU5ozg1dy7EZ7cxxi0XXVwYxqg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-02-04 19:58 ` Maxim Kuvyrkov
From: Maxim Kuvyrkov @ 2013-02-04 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiji vinitha; +Cc: libc-help, prelink

<Moved to libc-help@ and prelink@ from libc-alpha@>

The canonical list for prelink questions is prelink@sourceware.org , but libc-help@ is also OK.  Libc-alpha is for glibc development.

> I have question regarding prelink virtual space address layout .
> I am using prelink in an arm linux environment.
> I can see that prelink virtual memory slot is fixed in the prelink
> source code(arch-arm.c) ie, 0x41000000-0x50000000 for arm.
> With this,  prelinking was working fine for me with kernel
> configurations (CONFIG_VMSPLIT_3G = y and  CONFIG_VMSPLIT_2G = y).
> But when I changed my kernel configuration to CONFIG_VMSPLIT_1G=y, I
> find that prelink checking is failed at runtime, because prelink
> expects the libaries to be loaded at 0x41xxxxxx and it is not possible
> to mmap in this address range in 1G/3G configuarion.
> Is this virtual space address layout is fixed in prelink or can it be
> configurable ?

You need to adjust mmap_base setting in arch-arm.c from 0x41000000 to a value that your 1G kernel uses to map shared libraries.  AFAICT, there's no configurable setting to adjust this from command line.

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
KugelWorks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-02-04 19:58 UTC | newest]