Hello, I did already the port to generate a static BCB6 library. - create a new project 'pthreads_bcb6' for a static library - set compiler switch (= preprocessor #define) NEED_ERRNO;NEED_FTIME - set all warnings but not 8004 and 8057 - choose release target - modify the following sources as I have attached: 'pthread.c', 'need_errno.h' and ''ptw32_InterlockedCompareExchange.c' Greetings, Dr. Michael Heitland ----- Original Message ----- From: "Will Bryant" To: "Francisco Vinotinto" Cc: Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 4:30 AM Subject: Re: Borland Builder > Hi Francisco, > > > Is it possible to use this library with Borland > > Builder? > > I assume you mean C++Builder: Yes it is. > > As a quick and dirty solution you can use the MSVC dll, pthreadVC.dll, but > you need to generate an import library for use with the Borland compiler. > To do this just go into the pre-built directory and run: > > impdef -a pthreadBC.def pthreadBC.dll > implib pthreadBC.lib pthreadBC.def > > You'll prolly need to move or copy the .lib somewhere else, the C++Builder 5 > IDE doesn't seem to like linking libraries from directories with hyphens in > them. > > > This is enough to get you started and does seem to work ok. However, from > what I understand, it's not a 'correct' solution because that DLL is linked > against the MSVC C runtime library, and that's not compatible with the > Borland runtime. As such IMHO it's quite surprising that it runs so well. > > I'm working on a proper port right now so that you can build it with > C++Builder, hopefully I'll be mailing the list about that sometime in the > next week - mainly it just requires a new makefile and a couple of small > changes elsewhere. > > So if you're thinking of using pthreads-win32 with the Borland tools then > use the quick solution above for now and keep an eye out for the forthcoming > port work, which fingers crossed the maintainers will accept into the next > release. > > Cheers, > Will > > -- > Will Bryant > Systems Architect, eCOSM Limited > Phone +64 3 365 4176 > http://www.ecosm.com/ > >