From: Vladimir Kliatchko <vladimir@kliatchko.com>
To: 'Ross Johnson' <ross.johnson@homemail.com.au>
Cc: 'Gottlob Frege' <gottlobfrege@gmail.com>,
	pthreads-win32@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RE: New pthread_once implementation
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 12:58:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I tried fixing that last problem (semaphore leak when multiple threads are
cancelled and the initialization is never completed) but it appears the
reference counting approach is inherently flawed. So I had to re-implement
the whole thing from scratch. This implementation uses MCS locks which are
not only fast but also require no clean-up thus avoiding the above problem.
The implementation of MCS locks, which I had to build, probably deserves a
module (.c and .h) of its own since we may want to use them in other places.
This implementation has passed all the tests (again on a single CPU only)
and I hope it is finally bug-free now.

Pls, let me know what you think.
--vlad

PS.
Sorry it takes me so many iterations. I feel like I have been spamming you
with too many versions of this routine.