* New snapshot 2005-01-03
@ 2005-01-02 23:17 Ross Johnson
From: Ross Johnson @ 2005-01-02 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

A new snapshot is now available that fixes the mutex ownership bug
recently reported (i.e. unlocking may sometimes return EPERM). This bug
only affects snapshots 2004-11-03 (cancelled) and 2004-11-22. Earlier
snapshots do not have this bug.

Main web page:
http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/

Downloads:
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/pthreads-win32/

Red Hat have a low ftp concurrent user limit. Mirrors are listed at:
http://sources.redhat.com/mirrors.html
(available as they update)

Regards.
Ross

* pthread for WinCE
@ 2005-03-02 10:32 ` Viv
From: Viv @ 2005-03-02 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32, rpj

Somehow I didn't receive my own post (from yesterday) on
pthreads-win32@sources.redhat.com
I am not sure why, so I will resend my original email ...

Hi,

I am using the pthread lib in my Windows application succesfully for some
time (btw, thx for this useful lib!) and now my company would like to port
our product on WinCE systems.(which now seems to be called 'mangento').
As I read from some docs, there is already support in the pthread libs for
WinCE, but I would like to double check this ... So:
- is there full support of pthread lib on WinCE?
- is there something special that I should know about (for instance when
building the sources) specific to WinCE?
- where can I find some docu about pthread on WinCE systems?

Thanks in advance,
Viv

* Re: pthread for WinCE
@ 2005-03-02 11:10   ` Ross Johnson
From: Ross Johnson @ 2005-03-02 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pthreads-Win32 list

It was ported several years back (1999) by Tristan Savatier. See
README.WinCE in the package and the WinCE-Port file for Tristan's notes.
It needs someone to try to build with the current snapshot and send me
changes if any. I don't have the tools for WinCE builds.

All of Tristan's patches are still in the source, but I have no way to
check that subsequent changes in either the library or WinCE have broken
it.

I think any changes needed to update will be small.

Ross