* pthreads win32 build errors on Microsoft Visual express
@ 2008-03-19 11:00 chirakara1974
From: chirakara1974 @ 2008-03-19 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

 Hi All,

 I am using the pthread libs and includes from the below link.

 ftp://sourceware.org/pub/pthreads-win32/dll-latest

 Have included

 pthreadVCE2.lib and
 pthreadVCE2.dll

 and the

 pthread.h , sched.h and semaphore.h in the Microsoft Visual Studio express
paths for include and libraries. I am using a simple threaded program.

 But I am getting the below errors , please help me resolve them. Is there
anything else I need to include apart from these .

 Any precompiler options and link lines etc. Have added the pthreadVCE2.lib
as well in the additional dependencies option of the linker still the error
are present. Please help.

 {{{{------ Build started: Project: Ticktok, Configuration: Debug Win32
------
 Linking...
 mythread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_exit referenced in function _PrintHello
 mythread.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_create referenced in function _main
 D:\Express0\Ticktok\Debug\Ticktok.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved
externals
 Build log was saved at "file://d:\Express0\Ticktok\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
 Ticktok - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
 ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
==========}}}}

Regards,

Kiran

* Re: pthreads win32 build errors on Microsoft Visual express
@ 2008-03-24  4:20 ` chirakara1974
From: chirakara1974 @ 2008-03-24  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Please reply to this email . I am stuck here and there is something trivial
that is missing here. Looking forward to your help.

Thanking you,

@ 2008-03-28 10:24 ` chirakara1974
From: chirakara1974 @ 2008-03-28 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Delighted I finally got it.....Silly it looks now ...

Got it from msdn posts here it is for anyone stuck on similar issues.

{{{

in VS 2005 the simplest way to link ur DLL to ur project is to goto project
properties by right clicking on it and the in the project property page
navigate to LINKER-->INPUT-->ADDITIONAL DPENDENCIES. Here u can specify
extra .lib files that ur project depends on.In General (just avobe INPUT)
option u have to specify the relative lib directory also.

}}}

Regards,
Kiran