I think so. Semaphores might seem out of scope, but they're an integral part of concurrent programming. Signals need to be thread smart, so they're naturally part of a thread implementation. So are timers - attached is a pthreads compatible version of Posix timers, but it's lacking the function of sending a signal to a thread when a timer has expired. > -----Original Message----- > From: pthreads-win32-owner@sourceware.org > [mailto:pthreads-win32-owner@sourceware.org] On Behalf Of > William Ahern > Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:58 AM > To: pthreads-win32@sourceware.org > Subject: sigaction & pthread_sigmask > > Would it be worthwhile to submit a sigaction, sigwait, > sigprocmask, pthread_sigmask patch? Or are signals strictly > outside the scope of the project? > > I'm working on sigaction and sigwait implementations--using > atomic CAS operations for async-safety--intended for a > portable kqueue library. But the library depends on > pthreads-w32 anyhow, and it would be cleaner to simply patch upstream. > > >