From: Ross Johnson <rpj@ise.canberra.edu.au>
To: Pietrobon Marcello <teiffel@attglobal.net>
Cc: Pthreads Developers List <pthreads-win32@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: Testing Pthreads with Visual Studio .Net
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 21:57:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Pietrobon Marcello wrote:

> I went again to the cvs and now I could find the files
> Mutext8.c, Mutext8n.c, Mutext8e.c, Mutext8r.c and cancel6a.c, cancel6d.c
> so 2) and 3) are not an issue.

Yes, sorry, they were missing and I've just added them.

Hopefully 1) is now fixed.
There was a recently added but misplaced CS lock in
pthread_cond_destroy(), which the condvar1_2.c test was
finding on your SMP machine. This is a new test for
the new pthread_timechange_handler_np() routine.
Good to know that the test actually caught a problem
inside the library.

Also have updated spin4.c to try to fix 4).

5) is a known bug, but no idea what is wrong here.
Any help would be appreciated. Interesting to know
that it's not just MSVC 6.0 related.

6) is also known, but again not sure why.

5) and 6) pass for the GNU g++ compiler versions.

Cheers, and many thanks for the feedback, especially
the SMP testsuite results.

Ross