From: Brano Kemen <cameni@manabove.org>
To: pthreads-win32@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: problem using pthread_cancel and pthread_mutex_lock
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:42:00 -0000	[thread overview]

It surely would be more useful than the current async. cancellation code, but would it help in this particular case? If the thread is waiting on a socket, the APC(ex) won't be executed until the thread voluntarily returns from kernel. Am I right?

NtAlertThread does apparently wake the thread up even there, although we tested it just with sockets and sleeps (and pthread's injected cancellation code).

brk