From: Bastian Voigt <bastian@voigt.in-berlin.de>
To: pthreads-win32@sources.redhat.com
Subject: unexpected end of file :-(
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:59:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hello List!

I am working with pthreads-win32 and the microsoft vc++ compiler version 6.
I have a problem I already spent hours on:

I have ported a source file which was perfectly working before, to run
in an own pthread.
Now the compiler always bitches about "unexpected end of file" (fatal
error C1004).
On the following MSDN library page a verbose error description can be found:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore/html/C1004.asp

- When I comment out all the pthreads related function calls and the
#include pthreads statement,
then the file compiles perfectly. And yes, I am pretty sure that those
lines are syntactically correct.

- When all the used pthread_* functions are defined as macros the file
also compiles perfectly:
//#include <pthread.h>
#define pthread_setcancelstate(a, b)
#define PTHREAD_CANCEL_DISABLE 1
#define pthread_cleanup_push(a,b)
#define pthread_exit(a)

So it appears to me that the problem must lie somewhere inside pthread.h ?
BTW my project also includes the IBM SCC libraries
(see http://www-3.ibm.com/security/cryptocards/html/overproduct.shtml).
I have managed to compile and run a little pthreads example program, but
that was without SCC library import...

Any thoughts on this matter highly appreciated..

Greetings
Bastian Voigt