* Re: Linking problem
       [not found] <446443c0.09c99bc9.0bf2.310bSMTPIN_ADDED@mx.gmail.com>
@ 2006-05-12  9:33 ` Divick Kishore
From: Divick Kishore @ 2006-05-12  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mats Aubell; +Cc: pthreads-win32

 >>The 3 headers files are in the same folder and the lib file has been
added through the tools->options->projects->vc++ directories.
That is not the place where you add the linker option, instead add the
pthreadVC.lib in the project properties -> linker -> input -> additional
dependencies tab. And that should work. Which pthread*.lib to link, is
specified in the README file of pthread installation.

hope that helps,
Divick

Mats Aubell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having problems getting the pthread library to work. I've followed the
> instructions which can be found in the faq
> (http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/faq.html). I have the dll file in the
> Windows catalog. The 3 headers files are in the same folder and the lib file
> has been added through the tools->options->projects->vc++ directories. When
> I compile I get this error msg:
>
> ssds error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__pthread_create
> referenced in function _main
>
> The relevant source code can be seen under.
>
> #include "pthread.h"
>

> void * threadBehavior(void * arg)
> {
> 	printf("TEST\n");
> 	return 0;
> }
>

> pthread_t m_threadBehavior;
>
> int	main(int argc, char	*argv[])
> {
> if (pthread_create(&m_threadBehavior, NULL, threadBehavior, NULL))
> {
>     printf("Cannot create the behavior thread.\n");
>     return false;
> }
> return 0;
>
> I'm running WinXP and Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. Getting quite desperate
> for help, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Mats Aubell

* Linking problem
@ 2006-05-12  8:13 Mats Aubell