* pthread_cond_destroy bug
@ 2006-09-18 16:57 Eric Berge
From: Eric Berge @ 2006-09-18 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

I was running a tool recently that flagged some missing
LeaveCriticalSection() calls in pthread_cond_destroy().
These are the following two return calls after entering
the critical section:

  if (*cond != PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER)
     {
       EnterCriticalSection (&ptw32_cond_list_lock);

       cv = *cond;

       /*
        * Close the gate; this will synchronize this thread with
        * all already signaled waiters to let them retract their
        * waiter status - SEE NOTE 1 ABOVE!!!
        */
       if (sem_wait (&(cv->semBlockLock)) != 0)
         {
           return errno;
         }

       /*
        * !TRY! lock mtxUnblockLock; try will detect busy condition
        * and will not cause a deadlock with respect to concurrent
        * signal/broadcast.
        */
       if ((result = pthread_mutex_trylock (&(cv->mtxUnblockLock))) != 0)
         {
           (void) sem_post (&(cv->semBlockLock));
           return result;
         }

I've fixed this in our local copy but thought I'd pass this along
for inclusion in the base code.

Thanks,

-- Eric

--
Eric Berge
Quantum Corp.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-09-18 16:57 UTC | newest]