Dear pthread experts, I am new to using open source, and this question is certainly silly. I recently downoaded GNU Chess for my daughter, and I tried to compile it under MinGW (my platform is Windows 2000). I met a problem which I reproduced by the attached test program (zipped with 7zip.exe). The file log.txt is the result of the following command : make 2>log.txt VBR, Vincent. PS1 : The link is successful with Visual lib if I suppress from test.c the following lines : pthread_mutex_t mtx; pthread_mutex_lock(0); pthread_cond_signal(0); pthread_cond_wait(0,0); pthread_mutex_unlock(0);