From: "Sébastien Kunz-Jacques" <kunzjacq@yahoo.fr>
To: pthreads-win32@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: pthreads-win32 2.8.0, stack alignment, and SSE code
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 20:12:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Ramiro Polla a écrit :
>> I didn't express myself very well then. I meant to say: "The overhead
>> really is negligible. Starting the thread takes much longer, so the
>> overhead in aligning the stack gets hidden away in the delay to start
>> the thread".
In that case always aligning the stack in threadStart would save some
headaches to a lot of people, I think. While googling about these issues
I found mentions of the ffmpeg case you talked about; that is because of
them that I found the correct attribute to align the stack. some mplayer
codecs seem to have trouble with these multithreaded alignment issues too.

If for some reason it is not desirable to patch the lib, would it be
possible to have some easy to see disclaimer added about this problem
somewhere?