From: Arnaud RICHARD <arnaud.richard@st.com>
Cc: pthreads-win32@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Does static library works ?
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 12:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I have tried with MinGW.
It doesn't pass either. (but pass in dynamic of course).
So it is not due to something specific to MSVC.

Looking more closely... I found out than some functions must be called
only when linking statically:
pthread_win32_process_attach_np()
pthread_win32_process_detach_np()
pthread_win32_thread_attach_np()
pthread_win32_thread_detach_np()

There is some explanations in the file README.NONPORTABLE

It's the first time ever  I see code specific to static linking... maybe
because I'm a newbie on MS platform.
I post this solution for future

Arnaud