* Static linking with pthread-win32 (again)
@ 2011-08-01  3:28 Eskes
From: Eskes @ 2011-08-01  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hello,

I'm struggling with a problem for a while, and I can't figure it out.
I have a small test program (testpt.c) and I want to have it statically
linked with the pthread library. I use the latest TDM-4.5.2 MinGW
toolchain on WinXP (32) and I created the static lib from the cvs HEAD
version with the 'make clean GC-static' command and placed the
libpthreadGC2.a lib in the proper directory (in my case: /mingw/lib).
When I compile my testcase it keeps complaining about:

$ gcc -c testpt.c
$ gcc -o testpt.exe testpt.o -lpthreadGC2
testpt.o:testpt.c:(.text+0x29): undefined reference to `_imp__pthread_exit'
testpt.o:testpt.c:(.text+0x68): undefined reference to
`_imp__pthread_create'
testpt.o:testpt.c:(.text+0x86): undefined reference to `_imp__pthread_join'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This problem has been mentioned before (mailing list 2010-07-23), Ross
Johnson claimed that this problem was fixed in the cvs head version.
When I create a DLL lib with 'make clean GC' all compiles and runs fine
when I put the genereted pthreadGC2.dll in the same directory. Do I
overlook something or missing a point somewhere? Any help is appreciated.

/* testpt.c (pthread static lib test) */
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <pthread.h>

void *f1(int *x){
    int i = *x;
    printf("f1: %d",i);
    pthread_exit(0);
}

int main(void){
    pthread_t f1_thread;
    int i1 = 1;
    pthread_create(&f1_thread,NULL,(void*)f1,&i1);
    pthread_join(f1_thread,NULL);
    return(0);
}

With regards,