* pthread_key_delete issue
@ 2012-10-23 13:34 Stephane Clairet
From: Stephane Clairet @ 2012-10-23 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hi,
after migrating from 2.8.0 version to 2.9.1 version, I have an issue with pthread_key_delete function.
Sometimes, the application on which I work freezes after calling pthread_key_delete.

In fact, the app is stopped on this line: ptw32_mcs_lock_release (&keyLock) (line 106 into pthread_key_delete.c file)
It seems to be reproduced only when the specific data key concerns several threads.
The explanation is maybe inside the pthread_key_delete implementation:

int pthread_key_delete (pthread_key_t key)
{
    ptw32_mcs_lock_acquire (&(key->keyLock), &keyLock);
    while ((assoc = (ThreadKeyAssoc *) key->threads) != NULL)
    {
        ptw32_mcs_lock_release (&keyLock);

The freeze always occurs when the program try to release the key lock a second time. I don't know if it's supposed to be supported.
Release the key lock outside the while loop seems to fix the issue.

Thanks for help.
Regards.

Stéphane

Stephane Clairet