From: John Emmas <john@creativepost.co.uk>
To: pthreads-win32@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Unresolved external symbol __imp_pthread_mutex_unlock
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 08:20:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 08/11/2018 21:53, Josh Henrie wrote:
> Why is the linker trying to resolve the functions with the prefix `__imp_`?
> What do I need to do to resolve the symbols?

The prefix '__imp_' signifies that your main project (i.e. not the
pthreads_win32 project) is expecting to import those symbols from a DLL
(but it found a static link lib, rather than the DLL link lib that it
was expecting).  Basically, there's a mismatch between your main project
and pthreads_win32.  Most likely, your main project also needs to
#define PTW32_STATIC_LIB (so that BOTH projects expect a static lib).
Hope that helps,

John