* Supported scheduling policies?
@ 2007-01-04 14:32 Stefan.Pusl
From: Stefan.Pusl @ 2007-01-04 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hello,

I have noticed from the comformance list, that the only supported
scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER. Is there any action ongoing to support
the scheduling policy SCHED_FIFO?

Best regards

Stefan Pusl

* Re: Supported scheduling policies?
@ 2007-01-05  1:16 ` Ross Johnson
From: Ross Johnson @ 2007-01-05  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan.Pusl; +Cc: pthreads-win32

Stefan.Pusl@comneon.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed from the comformance list, that the only supported
> scheduling policy is SCHED_OTHER. Is there any action ongoing to support
> the scheduling policy SCHED_FIFO?

Pthreads-win32 threads are just Windows threads and Win32 only has one
scheduling policy that most appropriately corresponds to SCHED_OTHER.
This assumes that Win32 can't somehow be made to emulate the POSIX
required details of SCHED_FIFO, and that we can't just pretend to accept
it for source code compatibility.

Ross