* Default Stack Size 0??
@ 2009-10-07  1:37 Siva Chandra
From: Siva Chandra @ 2009-10-07  1:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pthreads-win32

Hi,

You can consider me to be a newbie to pthreads-win32. I downloaded and
am using pthreads-2.8.0 static library and dll binaries with MinGW. I
find the default stack size to be zero. Consider the code snippet
below:

    pthread_attr_t attr;
    pthread_attr_init(&attr);

    size_t defStackSize;
    pthread_attr_getstacksize(&attr, &defStackSize);

    cout << "Default stack size = " << defStackSize << endl;

The above code prints 0! Does this mean that I cannot use the default
attributes in most but the simplest of my application??

Thanks and regards,
Siva Chandra

* Re: Default Stack Size 0??
@ 2009-10-07  4:52 ` Phil Frisbie, Jr.
From: Phil Frisbie, Jr. @ 2009-10-07  4:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siva Chandra; +Cc: pthreads-win32

On Windows a stack size of "0" means the size is inherited from the parent
thread.

--
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Hawk Software