I can not reproduce your error. I have written a small test program and regardless whether i link against ws2_32.lib or wsock32.lib WSALastError and Win32 LastError returns the same value. I have attached it, so you can compile it and send me its output. Cheers, Thomas On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Phil Frisbie, Jr. wrote: > I am using Winsock 1.1 on Windows NT 4. I have not yet tried Windows > 9x/ME or 2000. > > Thomas Pfaff wrote: > > > > On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Phil Frisbie, Jr. wrote: > > > > strange, > > > > at least on NT4 the WSALastError equals to Win32 LastError when i used > > Winsock2, so i did not saved it too. > > > > I will have a look if you tell me your platform. > > > > Greetings, > > > > Thomas > > > Phil Frisbie, Jr. > Hawk Software > http://www.hawksoft.com > >