public inbox for rda@sourceware.org
* Re-generated auto files?
@ 2004-12-06 21:38 Jim Blandy
From: Jim Blandy @ 2004-12-06 21:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rda

It looks like there's some skew in the versions of the autotools being
used in the RDA tree.  Would anyone mind if I cleaned that up?

The top level configure (which I'm not suggesting we mess with) is
generated by autoconf 2.13.  Within rda, we seem to be consistently
using automake 1.6.3, but a mix of autoconf 2.53 and 2.57.  I'd like
to use automake 1.9.3 and autoconf 2.59 (the latest versions) for
everything.

The comments in rda/unix/config.in says it's maintained by hand, but
the comments and ChangeLog don't explain why.  If folks can give me
more details about the problem, I'd be willing to try to make that
auto-generated again.

2002-01-15  Kevin Buettner  <kevinb@redhat.com>

	* config.in (Generated automatically comment): Revise to note
	that this file was generated automatically at one time, but is
	no longer.