public inbox for rda@sourceware.org
From: Jim Blandy <jimb@redhat.com>
To: Michael Snyder <msnyder@redhat.com>
Cc: rda@sources.redhat.com
Subject: RDA thread-db.c and thread exits / signal killings
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I'm working my way through the logic in rda/unix/thread-db.c.  In
wait_all_threads, we walk the list of known threads and try to bring
them all into the 'waited' state by collecting the SIGSTOP signals
they've been sent, and stashing any other signals they've received in
the pending_events array.

It seems to me that, if more than one thread exits, or is killed by a
signal, that information will be lost: select_pending_event will
choose one event to report back to GDB, and then send_pending_signals
will empty out the pending_events array.

Is my reading right?  Is this a bug, or is it not necessary to report
such things to GDB?