public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* "Unable to find a java executable" for rhdb-explain and rhdb-admi n
@ 2004-03-19 12:32 James Beale
From: James Beale @ 2004-03-19 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'rhdb@sources.redhat.com'

Hi

I've searched around the lists, and discovered what to do to get rhdb-cc
working OK in this situation, but I don't see where to resolve the
rhdb-explain and rhdb-admin "Unable to find a java executable" messages.

I don't have any .sh for rhdb-explain or rhdb-admin.  j2re-1.4.2_04-fcs is
installed, and I'm using RedHat 9.

Help would be most gratefully recived!

Thanks

James Beale

James M Beale MBCS CITP
Lud Castle (Computing) Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)1382 736031
Fax: +44 (0)8700 518 232
mailto:jamesb@ludcastle.co.uk
http://www.ludcastle.demon.co.uk

* Re: "Unable to find a java executable" for rhdb-explain and rhdb-admi n
@ 2004-03-19 14:45 ` Kim Ho
From: Kim Ho @ 2004-03-19 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Beale; +Cc: 'rhdb@sources.redhat.com'

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 07:32, James Beale wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've searched around the lists, and discovered what to do to get rhdb-cc
> working OK in this situation, but I don't see where to resolve the
> rhdb-explain and rhdb-admin "Unable to find a java executable" messages.
>
> I don't have any .sh for rhdb-explain or rhdb-admin.  j2re-1.4.2_04-fcs is
> installed, and I'm using RedHat 9.
>
> Help would be most gratefully recived!
>
> Thanks
>
> James Beale

Please try the following:

 David Jee wrote:
 >You need to set your JAVA_HOME and PATH variables properly.  For
 >example, if you've installed your JRE in /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_01, you
 >need to do:
 >
 >JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_01
 >PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
 >export JAVA_HOME PATH