public inbox for rhdb@sourceware.org
* Administration Manager
@ 2003-04-30 16:28 Arron Johnson
From: Arron Johnson @ 2003-04-30 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rhdb

Hi

I was wondering if you could help or point me in the direction of
someone who could help.  When installing Redhat Database 2.1 I get the
following error:

I have checked that I have all the other prequsite software installed on
my machine and have additionally downloaded the latest version of
python.

Thanks

Arron Johnson

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 5316 bytes --]

* Re: Administration Manager
@ 2003-04-30 16:51 ` Deepak Bhole
From: Deepak Bhole @ 2003-04-30 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arron Johnson; +Cc: rhdb

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 12:28, Arron Johnson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if you could help or point me in the direction of
> someone who could help.  When installing Redhat Database 2.1 I get the
> following error:

Hi Arron,

The error is occurring most likely due to missing packages and/or
incorrect versions of the required packages. To find out exactly which
packages are missing/have the wrong version, manually change to the
directory in which the rpms are located (based on the OS version you
have), and do:

"rpm -vi --test ./rhdb-admin-1.1-1_*" and
"rpm -vi --test ./rh-postgresql-python-*"

These should tell you exactly which packages you need to get for the
correct installation (or if there is some other problem).

Regards,
Deepak